Crumley Family Blog

a family blog for the whole fam damily



Yesterday started at 3:45 a.m.

Tebow was hungry and as the responsible party in this relationship, I fed him.

Then for some reason, Tebow was not interested in going back to bed. Normally his one middle of the night feeding keeps us up for about 30 minutes. And if it goes longer, then I can count on him being back in bed within 60 minutes. Not yesterday. He wouldn’t settle down or when he did, he was back up within 5 minutes. By 6 a.m. I gave up and started the rest of my day.

The schedule only had one activity- Tebow’s 2 month well child visit. It was an 8:30 appointment, which was fine since I was already up. I was tired, but up.

Tebow’s appointment went well (stats for the Grandparents: 15 pounds, 25 inches) with praise for his strength and head holding ability. He got his shots and even though he cried, it was soon forgotten and he fell asleep. Sweet baby.

Sweet baby until we got home. Then it was cranky and feverish baby. I dosed Tebow with Tylenol and spent a few hours trying to soothe him. He cat napped, ate, fussed, cat napped, ate, and then fell asleep for two and a half hours.

This is important because yesterday we finished the laundry room/ mudroom project. Those two hours of sleep coincided with Fuller’s two hours of quiet time and allowed me the time needed to paint the entire area. I had to do detail work when D got home (couldn’t get the ladder because of my sprained arm), but at 4 p.m. I was looking at the painted walls and so thankful for 1) the time needed and 2) the energy from I don’t know where.

When T woke up he was back to cranky, but it didn’t bother me. I finished my part of the project and still had steam to get him bed (he slept from 11 p.m to 5:30!) and not cry about how tired I was.

That was yesterday.


  1. Do you think the paint fumes bothered him, or maybe some kind of fabric. Check out some things that could be a bother to him. If it is nothing, then maybe he needs to cry himself back to sleep. :(

    Aunt Nita

    Aunt Juanitas last blog post..How Long Have I Been Gone?

  2. I’m pretty sure his fever and crankiness were side effects of his shots. And last night he slept sooooo well. He’s still too young to cry it out, but he is less fussy in general, so it shows he’s getting older.

  3. I’m sorry. I didn’t realize he had had shots. That and ya’ll just coming home from Texas, had a lot to do with it.Your a wonderful mother and I admire you in doing all you do.Again, I’m sorry.
    Aunt Nita

    Aunt Juanitas last blog post..How Long Have I Been Gone?

  4. Oh, no problem! We also have a problem with the heat right now. Our A/C doesn’t work (getting fixed tomorrow!) so I keep having to strip him down to a diaper and then swaddle him, which could be a problem too. You know how it is, it gets so tricky figuring out what is bothering the littles. And I am so guilty of over thinking myself all the time.

  5. I will be praying for all of you and me also. My Parkinson’s has fone and settled in my neck muscles. I can’t raise my head up, so I am always tired. It is affecting my eyes and my eating. I have lost 8 lbs. good in one awat. Thanks for understanding.

    Love fo all.

    Aunt Nita

    Aunt Juanitas last blog post..How Long Have I Been Gone?

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.

CommentLuv badge